Monday, February 06, 2006

cooking alone

I hate cooking by myself. I could be happy as a chef. But cooking for myself is something requires too much effort. And this I found out when I need to cook everyday. I think of imaginative ideas to put things inside a dish, to make it taste better, smell better, look better- but only when there is someone else to eat. All alone it does not even feel better. Any ideas how to solve this. Because I cannot quit cooking as I did other things. Some people do not know how to cook, some people are just too lazy but with me perhaps it is just the general attitude. I think I love to collect all the necessary things needed to cook but when it finally comes to cooking it is...

eating alone
That's is ok :-)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do like to cook alone. Nobody else in the kitchen, with a lot of space so I can have large and quick gesture. And then it's like martial art: I try to be as fast as possible to cut the potatoes, make the vegetable jump in the stove, throwin peels in the trash at 1 meter distance, handling spices and oil bottles as if I was Tom Cruise juggling with coktails or Neo sliding between timespace bullets.
Precise like an expert.

Then I find myself with lots of food, and I just forgot I was alone.

I hate eating alone.
Cmon Santosh, lets have a dinner together.

Mon Feb 06, 03:03:00 AM GMT+5:30  
Blogger anon said...

I forgot to mention one very important point....
I think I like cooking alone when there is someone else for whom I will be cooking, but I enjoy it when I am doing it. I need space in the kitchen like no interference from the person who is going to eat. :-)
"Like why dont you put salt first"
c'mon!!

Mon Feb 06, 03:14:00 AM GMT+5:30  
Blogger anon said...

I could eat alone though, but it is great when it is with someone

Mon Feb 06, 03:16:00 AM GMT+5:30  
Blogger anish said...

kya chapaati hai yaar
muh mein paani aa raha hai
aur sabji aur daal ka rang to too much hai

Mon Feb 06, 04:00:00 AM GMT+5:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe u can offer part of ur meal to charitable purposes ;)

Fri Feb 10, 07:36:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger kaa said...

i was staying in the hostels like a parasite for 1.5 years ...but now have rented a 1bhk with 2 frens.
and the main reason ..i wanted a kitchen.

Wed Mar 08, 03:46:00 AM GMT+5:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home