Friday, February 10, 2006

just 2 rupees...

well today there is this woman who came to me when I was standing outside my building and she opened her hand and I gave her 2 rupees and she offered a warm smile and left. Well, it is called begging I guess, but there is something I do not feel sure about it. The only communication was visual and the purpose was accomplished. Did I know from her looks that she was a beggar, or do I have a particular opinion about certains looks to be beggarish. That will make me a very prejudiced person about looks but I guess that is the way it works.

2 rupees is not a big amount, we don't even think about it but somebody does. So people always say don't encourage begging, but people don't say "don't give money to the TC in train" or "it is ok if you came second". Well going by that people only understand things in the way they want to understand.

And for some people there is perhaps no other option but to beg for whatever reasons but I am sure of one thing, nobody begs by choice. And normal people fail somehow to understand this. But anyway, it is a nuisance sometimes also and for that matter it is not the only idea or profession where frustration arises between two people concerned. Just the way we look...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm most people wont beg by chice is true
however if u notice it is starting (this maybe an understatement) to become a profession ,

however I do believe that all are accountable for their actions and we should part with spare change rather than having to account for arrogance / indifference on the day of reckoning

Fri Feb 10, 07:34:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

for some vague reasons I've decided not to give any money to beggars, but your posting quite accurately reflects my own thinking...

Sun Feb 12, 02:08:00 AM GMT+5:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tango every unorganized sector gets organized eventually.

Tue Mar 07, 02:34:00 PM GMT+5:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home